Sunday 27 January 2013

Hair Removal - Depilatory Creams (Introduction)


There's three main methods of hair removal -shaving, waxing and depilatory creams. For whatever reason, I find the latter to be extremely unpopular, and can't think why, so let's address some popular misconceptions.

"I don't think it's for me, what if it hurts?" - it's an entirely painless process. Save for extremely (think, banana-sensitive) skin, depilatory cream is harmless. It's always advised you buy only a little of the brand you're aiming to try and doing a "test patch" on your skin in order to assess for any adverse reactions, but you shouldn't really be feeling a prickle or burn. You may feel slight irritation but even that wouldn't be too obtrusive, from personal experience - I've actually felt nothing and am able to leave it on and go about my business before jumping in the shower to wash it off.

"I don't think it's effective" - actually it's as effective as any other method of hair removal, the key to getting it right lays in brand, the length of time you leave it on for, and the thick even layer of application. If you do that right, a majority - if not ALL - of the hair should be gone, at the very least, it's a good assister to removal of at least 90% of the hair.

"I don't know where to start?!" Well, this is why you have this blog. I'll be reviewing what I use and assessing how effective they are, as with almost anything that creeps up on this blog. I'm no professional, and I'm not getting paid by anyone, but I can give you a truthful opinion and let you draw your own decision for which method of removal is right for you.

-Ms K

No comments:

Post a Comment